The Procurement Buyer will be responsible for the overall activities related to the purchase of machines parts, materials and non-inventory supplies for Gravotech. Responsibilities include:
- Develops sources of supply to secure consistent supplies, timely deliveries, and competitive prices. Negotiate vendor pricing and terms of payment within corporate guidelines and product specifications. Identifies backup suppliers for business protection planning.
- Responsible for special purchasing projects as they arise, such as new products and/or promotions.
- Participate in customer quality concerns/audits.
- Assist in planning and preparing annual budgets and forecasting for material requirements.
- Manage machine parts materials and finished goods inventories. Review inventories, and all transactions – purchasing, shipping, returned goods and billing on a daily basis.
- Alert management to aged, damaged or otherwise potentially obsolete inventory. Make recommendations of use or disposal.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Manually manage and maintain stocking and inventory levels.
- Maintain MSDS files and distribute to shipping and customer solutions departments in compliance with OSHA and Federal standards.
- Maintain adequate and current Certificates of Insurance from all suppliers.
- Maintain required inventory levels.
- Initiate purchase requisition for Inventory replenishment as needed and gain necessary
- spending approvals.
- Generate inventory purchase orders and send to Suppliers.
- Obtain supplier PO confirmations and update PO accordingly in the system.
- Monitor Open Purchase Order Report/ Stock Status report to follow up and expedite material to ensure on-time delivery.
- Coordinate with distributors and manufacturers on placing and delivery of orders.
- Resolve any issues surrounding purchases (delivery schedule, receiving, invoicing).
- Ensure all requisitions are in compliance with Purchasing SOP.
- Duties will include collating/filing of purchase orders.
- Special projects as assigned
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- Three to five years’ experience in a purchasing department required
- Must have solid experience in purchasing, working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with bill of materials, product specifications, contract negotiations, generally accepted capital expenditure practices, and physical inventory audits
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Possess strong mathematical skills, including conversion calculations, utilizing 10-key and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to interface well with all levels of staff and develop relationships with outside contacts
Gravotech offers a competitive salary in addition to:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
Gravotech is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion and diversity.
Please send your resume to Nimoy Gennuso email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.